We came away from GenCon with a decent list of tweaks we wanted to make to the game. We’ve opted to try out a new prototype manufacturer, so we’ve printed this batch through The Game Crafter.
Going with TGC gave us a few benefits:
- Tokens – With our previous manufacturer we were limited to cards. It’s nothing against them, that’s just their main focus. Our new tokens are custom designed to match the graphical feel of the game, rather than just being generic counters.
- Box – While it isn’t custom printed, the dimensions of the box somewhat resemble what we’re going to aim for when we’re closer to release.
- Ease of Use – The process to load and prep for printing is WAY easier and significantly reduces margin of error when submitting the order.
Now that we’ve have the prototype in hand, we’re off this weekend to ProtoTO in Toronto. Friday is a game showcase but the play test sessions take place on Saturday and Sunday.
Here are the times:
- 9:15 PM – 10:00 PM – Game Showcase
- 1:15 PM – 315 PM – Cardspiracy Play Test at Table 19
- 6:15 PM – 8:15 PM – Cardspiracy Play Test at Table 18
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Cardspiracy Play Test at Table 18
Keep an eye out for the Tin Foil hats!
One additional note, we’ve having some issues with our Facebook page at the moment, it’ll be back up as soon as we can.